Senior Merchandise Buy Planner, ANINE BING & BING KIDS
ANINE BING Corporation is a fast growing fashion & commerce startup revolutionizing the way products are developed, produced, marketed, sold, and delivered to customers. The brand reaches customers across social platforms, eCommerce, branded brick-and-mortar stores, and major department stores. ANINE BING has a global presence, with 9 stores in 6 countries around the world.
TEAM AND OFFICE:
ANINE BING has 50+ employees across Sales, Production, Design, Graphics, and Customer Service located in Downtown Los Angeles. Key investors include Index Ventures founder Danny Rimer (Facebook, Dropbox, Net-A-Porter, Bird), Greycroft Partners founder Dana Settle (Trunk Club, Thrive Market, AwesomenessTV), and Felix Capital founder Frederic Court (Goop, Farfetch, Vitrue, Dailymotion).
WHO YOU ARE:
You are a proven collaborative leader, hardworking, dedicated, open-minded, humble, and enthusiastic,—ready and eager to learn every part of the buying and planning process. You are excited for a hands-on role and ready to work closely with a tight-knit team to drive results and take the Anine Bing brands to the next level. The opportunity to work closely with cross-functional teams, grow, mentor, and develop an existing team excites you. If you look to Mick Jagger, Bridget Bardot, old records, or vintage fashion for inspiration, we love you already.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Partner with executive team, channel leaders, and department team leaders on pre-season and in-season category plans for sales, margin, and inventory in the context of top-line growth expectations
- Manage the in-season health of business with targeted course of actions through markdowns and promotions that minimize off price behavior
- Re-forecast monthly – In partnership with Finance team & channel leads, suggest future course of action to maximize inventory investments and capitalize on sales opportunities while minimizing risk
- Partner with channel leads and team leaders on cross-functional Hindsights to uncover opportunities and maximize future season selling
- Research category opportunities in merchandise mix
- Develop new ways of looking at our business via allocation strategy, buy strategy, and process implementation
- Pre-season work to create a detailed item & color level plan (Blueprint) for all styles
- Oversee forecasting of investments in Classics product that maximize in stock rates and control turn
- Coach/Mentor team of 3; (Associate Planner, Assistant Buyer & Merchandising Assistant) to uphold and deliver product consistent with strategic objectives and brand vision
- Oversee allocations and ensuing replenishment across all global channels for both ANINE BING Line and Bing Kids Line - Take lead on allocation training and development of Associate Planner & Merchandising Assistant
- Provide weekly analysis and interpretation of sales reports on both dollar and unit levels
- Identify irregularities and potential issues across planning/ inventory management systems, ensuring all facets of the planning process are protected and are accurately reported
- Recommend off-price suggestions and ideas for mitigating inventory risk
- Conduct competitive analysis and keep finger on the pulse of forward-thinking retail trends
- 5-7 years experience in Retail Merchandising/Buying/Planning/Allocation in Apparel & Accessories, Kids experience a plus
- Multi-channel and/or Omni-Channel experience
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel and/or Google Sheets)
- Proven mastery of retail math and ability to turn those metrics into actionable information that drives financial results
- Proven experience leading assistant and/or associate-level team members
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Highly informed about current fashion trends and a genuine interest in the retail industry
- 4-year degree from an accredited university/college, continuing education a plus
- Competitive compensation package
- A host of company covered Medical, Dental, and Vision plans from which to choose
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Catered Lunches and Pressed Juice three times a week
- Company-wide social events
- Sample Sales
- Employee Wardrobe
- Generous employee discount
- Fashion District Downtown LA office space
- Free Parking
SUCCESS AT ANINE BING REQUIRES THAT YOU:
You love to win.
You are a dYou are a team player
Your are humble
You are honest, straightforward and transparent
You are a good teacher/mentor (approachable and accessible)
You are an advocate for the Design Team
You are organized
You are creatively open-minded
You want to get your hands dirty.
You solve problems.
You are resilient
You are flexible
You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
You naturally go the extra mile.
If you don’t know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
You give credit where credit is due and take responsibility for misses.
You love working in a creative environment.
You know there’s more than one way to skin a cat and work hard to find the solution that works best for the company and team.
You have a sense of humor.
You are an insatiable learner.